Saturday, May 22, 2010

Panther Prowl

Got up bright and early on my first unofficial day of summer (doesn't officially start until Thursday morning, but three days without kids counts as the beginning!) to run in the Lenoir City Panther Prowl.  This is just a 5k and is put on by the LCHS Cross Country Team.

Me and my coffee at 7.30 a.m.  Great pre-race tradition!  I ate my powerbar on the way to the race and finished off the coffee in the car!  The race was supposed to start at 8.30 a.m., but that turned into 9 a.m.  I got there around 8.20 a.m. and was a little annoyed that I had to wait for so long! I hate waiting for races to start! I like to get there, check in and take off! But, oh well! They also had a kid's mile race, so we couldn't start until that was over!  It was really cute! There was one little girl who is only 4 years old and she ran the whole thing!  


All in all it was a good little 5k.  It was a double loop with a slight hill after mile one and right before the end of mile one, so that happens again after mile two and right before the end of the race. Nothing major, but a hill nonetheless!!!!  I ended up finishing second in my age division.  It wasn't my best time.  For a 5k my best is 27 minutes, but what can you do? The overall male winner ran it in 17 something! What? That'll be the day!  Off to a 7th grade pool party! Because that's how I roll on Saturdays!!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment