Sunday, September 12, 2010

What a Day!

Some of my Cheerios!
Yesterday was the longest, rainiest day ever!  My cheerleaders had their first competition at the Tennessee Valley Fair!  The competition is supposed to take place outside....obviously the downpour we had yesterday morning, made that feat a little difficult!  We arrived at the fair grounds at 9.30 am, in the rain, without enough rain gear!  The girls were decked out, make-uped out, and the a little rained out!  Poor things!  They ended up moving the location of the competition to Springhill Elementary School, which was just down the road.  But, with relocation, we also had a change of competition time and a whole lot of confusion!  We were an hour later than originally planned and the competition was a little bit slow! Once we got relocated, found out our competition time, we all dispersed to go eat lunch!  We had two hours to kill!  My car full ended up going to East Town Mall...oh my! I have not been there in years! I think I remember why now!  My jeans were completely soaked and I couldn't handle it, so of course I bought some new clothes! What else are you going to do?  I actually just bought a pair of nike shorts, in red and our Bearden blue! Pretty sure you can call that fate!  Returned back to the school for our warm up time!  Which, was ten minutes! Ten minutes! What????  Not only is it not safe to warm up every stunt, jump, and flip in ten minutes, it's impossible!!!!!  But we did it the best we could! Let me also say we changed the routine and flyers ten minutes before that because of some injuries!!!! Stressful!  The girls did a great job considering!  We weren't our best, but we did our best!  Not much more you can ask for from 17 middle schoolers!!!!  Enjoy some cute pictures of my girls!


Waiting the rain out!
Finally competing!


No comments:

Post a Comment