Tuesday, February 8, 2011
Strawberry Half...coming right up!
This Saturday will be my first half marathon of the year! Very excited! Last year this was my first half marathon ever and I totally went into it without a lot of thought! I thought I had been running lots of miles...like 8-10 every day! WRONG! My little watch that was supposed to be computing every step I took accurately....FAILED ME! So, here I am running, what I think is 8-10 miles everyday, and think what's 13.1!?!?! Can do! WRONG! (again!) I did it, but it was hard! By the time I got done running the 13.1 miles, my incorrect, no longer, cute and cool watch, told me I had run 18 miles! Off much? So those 8-10 daily miles were actually 3-5 miles...big oops! Those 13.1 miles were not easy. I didn't think the end of the race was ever going to come. I hated cows and horses and the beautiful scenery by the end...HATED IT! I wanted to give up, wanted to not be running, thought I was going to die! I didn't die and I didn't stop! I made it the whole way...it was just hard! So, this Saturday means a lot to me and makes me a little anxious! I just remember how hard it was last year and don't want a repeat! Of course, I now have a trustworthy garmin (Garmie!!!!) and run 10 miles almost every weekend, so 13.1 should be a breeze! We shall see though! More to come when I get done!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think your header is super cute! Mine doesn't even have a picture, and you have 3!!! I just played around with fonts and sizes until I got it to look like I wanted. I ended up on this blog today when I was looking for embroidery patterns... check it out.
ReplyDeleteyou'll love it :)
http://www.myowlbarn.com/2010/10/owl-love-you-embroidery-pattern.html