



About a year ago Gingi entered my life! I wasn't looking for a new puppy, although I seriously missed my old puppy. I went to the pound with Amanda, a girl I teach with, because she wanted to get her boys a dog. A cute, cute, little, fluffy, brown pomeranian was sitting in a crate pawing at me as I walked by. I talked to this little puppy and played with it for a few minutes before the worker let me know that she was already promised to another family. I thought that this little brown puppy, that resembled a bear more than a puppy, was so cute, but knew that there was no chance of getting her....so I looked at a black cocker spaniel. I held the black cocker spaniel who whined as I held it and was secretly wishing that the little brown pomeranian was available. I left the pound with no new puppy and wasn't really impressed with the cocker spaniel. I went home and thought about it and in my thinking realized how much puppies add to a life. My other puppy got me through some rough times and although I no longer have her, I am grateful that I did. I wanted a knew puppy to share my life with...I went back to the pound the next day. And wouldn't you know....there is that brown pomeranian! I did not get my hopes up, as I was sure that she was still promised to another family, and inquired about her. I was told that yesterday's family did not show up, but that she was promised to yet another family. I asked the worker how long they would hold her for the other family because I would take her right now...please keep in mind I had not held her at all! The worker went to talk to her manager and came back to tell me that she would try to contact the other family and see when they planned on picking up this puppy. I waited anxiously as she talked to the family and was informed that they would not be able to pick her up until tomorrow, which meant that because I was there today and willing to take her right away that....I got her!!!!! They let me hold her while I made sure that I wanted her...I called my mom...I called Carter...I needed their input. They both said I should go for it. I did! I paid for, who was then Boo Bear, and went with Amanda to her son's baseball game. Boo Bear and I enjoyed the game and then went to Pet Smart to load up on goodies. We then made our way to Carter's house. Carter wasn't home yet...he was in Athens at his nephews baseball game. I didn't know if this cute puppy was housebroken or trained or anything. I get to Carter's and Boo Bear pees outside and curls up on the couch for a nap. While she was napping, I had that panicky thought of...Oh no...what did I do? Can I keep up with a new puppy? Needless to say....she was perfect! You will hear many, many stories about Gingi...Boo Bear did not stay, although it did become a nickname! She is such a sweet, sweet puppy! She has added so much to my life and also to Carter's. We enjoy her immensely and can't imagine not having her around! Enjoy some of her pictures and get ready for many, many more!
I love your puppy!! Too cute!
ReplyDelete