

So I have to share a little bit of my brother with you! We're four years apart so we weren't super close growing up. I can remember many fights with him in our younger years. He once threw my Cabbage Patch Kid at me and it busted my bottom lip. We were wrestling one day and he knocked one of my teeth out. I was his "ugly assistant"when he went through his magic phase...never the lovely, cute, beautiful one! He forced me to eat chips that had been in the grass in front of all the neighborhood boys! He wrote his name in crayon on the wall when I wasn't old enough to get out of the crib and told Mom that I had done it. He poked all kinds of holes in Mom's Mary Kay make-up and told her that I had done it! It took lots of tears to convince her that I had not done it! Granted...I was not always innocent! There was the time that I "accidently" spit gum in his hair that had to be taken out using peanut butter. I've been told that there were many of fights that I would start, but be the first to cry so that he would get in trouble. He did have his sweeter side or maybe this side should be called the tolerant side! When I was too old to sleep in Mom and Dad's bed after I had a nightmare, he let me sleep in his bed, as long as I didn't wake him up. I did learn after the first time that I needed to bring my own blanket...he was a blanket hog!!!! He would allow me to play with him and his friends, but just not for too long. But, all that aside, my brother and I have been through a lot together over the last couple of years. It's funny how God allows things to happen to two people at the same time and how much strength two people can gain from each other. We both ended up getting divorced the exact same month and were able to lean on each other through the last year. I think my brother is an amazing person! I love hanging out with him and miss him all the time! He lives in Charleston, S.C. so I don't see him that much, but when I do we spend so much time talking and just hanging with each other! I feel blessed to have him as a brother and know that no matter what he would be there for me...whatever I'm going through. He works as a graphic arts designer for the Museum of Charleston and loves art and poetry and on good days plays in a band! He's...as cliche as it is...one of a kind and I love that I get to call him mine!!!
This is the sweetest post ever. You need to show it to him. I'm sure he could say some pretty wonderful things about you too. I definitely agree, Sean is pretty wonderful. :)
ReplyDelete