Yesterday I ran my ten miles!!!! So excited and it really wasn't that bad! I have only done that one time before in my life and I thought I was a little crazy for doing it and never attempted it again!!! Now I'll be running ten miles, and then some every weekend! For those of you that don't know, I'm training for the Country Music Marathon!!!! It's in April and I am beyond stoked about it! This marathon will mean a ton to me and I'll get into that in a little bit (like in another post) because as you can see the title of this post is "Scary Stalker Running!"
I started my run last night around 5 p.m. It's still daylight at this time. I love running in the dark and Sean bought me a headlamp (yes, just like some spelunkers might wear) so that others can see me and I can see them! Or actually blind them because this is the brightest light ever! I knew that I wouldn't finish my run before it got dark..come on ten miles it's going to take some time! So, I've done about 5, have put on my headlamp and am starting my whole trek around for the second time...to equal ten miles. I begin running away from the house towards the other end of the street and a white truck, (beat up, kinda small, does not live in this neighborhood!) passes me going the other direction. I always take note of the cars and people around me when I run. I have seen one too many Datelines not to. The truck drives past me, stops the truck (fully stops, engine off, lights off) gets out of his truck and walks around to the back. I think ,well, that's really strange I wonder what in the world that man is doing. I run a little faster and pay attention to the houses that have their lights on. I take my headphones out of my ears so that I can listen to see what this truck is going to do. This truck in loud! The truck drives down the street away from me. I think okay, calm down, all is good, he's left. Then I hear the truck coming back up the street towards me! Panic!!!! I keep listening and sure enough the truck is making it's way back up the street to where I am. He pulls over right next to me and starts talking to me!!!! Freak out at this point! I book it to the neighbors and ring the doorbell and get inside their house. Thank you Burnettes!!!! The truck drives off when I run off. I have no idea what the man was saying to me, my brain kind of clouded over, but you do not stop in the middle of the street and start talking to someone when it is pitch black out at night! Plus there's ice on the roads, what are you doing driving around?
Carter picked me up at the neighbors and we drove around a little bit to see if we could see the truck....we didn't. Carter called his buddy that's a police officer to talk to him about what happened and he said that there was a white truck that had been following school buses around in this area!!! Full on panic now!!! Decide to finish my running on the dreaded treadmill!!!!
So all that to say that last night was scary! That man could of had a gun and was threatening me with it, but I didn't hear a word he said! I hope he was harmless and just didn't know where to go or something like that, but my gut feeling is that he was bad news! I will no longer run in the dark! Even thought that's my favorite time to, I am not scared too death!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment