Sunday, April 11, 2010

Disney World

Carter and I went to Disney World the first weekend in March.  My good friend and fellow runner, Becky, had found out about the Disney Princess Half Marathon and we had signed up to run it!  So, on Thursday March 4, Carter and I loaded up the car and headed out for sunny Florida!  We traveled to Macon, GA on Thursday and stayed the night, and drove the rest of the way on Friday.  We went to the Wide World of Sports to pick up my running bib, t-shirt, goody bag, etc.  There were so many people at the expo!  Including the one and only, Joey Fatone!  Insync baby!  No, he did not need security...just walking around with his little baby and wife!  To think he was someone super popular one day and now.....I think there around 13,500 runners!  I had never seen so many people in one area before!  After picking up my running stuff, we headed to eat dinner. We went to Downtown Disney, wanting to eat at The Rainforest Cafe, but seeing as we did not want to wait an hour in a half, instead decided to eat at The Earl of Sandwich...some of the best sandwiches ever!  You go through the line and order, and then you sit. There were so many people at the restaurant that I didn't think we were going to be able to find a seat!  It was too cold to eat outside, so we stood around and like a hawk, dove on a table, as soon as, someone got up!  We let two another couple sit with us to and enjoyed some conversation with some strangers!  We got up early on Friday and hit the parks as soon as they opened!  We went to the Magic Kingdom, then Animal Kingdom, and finished up at Hollywood Studios! We didn't go to Epcot...not a lot to do there!  I wanted to make sure to hit the other parks and all the rides there and if we had time...Epcot...but no big deal!  I was so happy to be at Disney World! I swear I could just live there and be happy for the rest of my life!  My favorite ride, that I had never ridden before, was the Aerosmith ride at Hollywood Studios.  Oh my! You go something like 70 m.p.h. in something like 3 seconds! Crazy!  It was so much fun though!  We got lucky and someone gave us a fast pass for the first time through, then the second time we rode it, we had to wait an hour.  Totally worth it though!  Enjoy some pictures of us before the rides! I'll post about the actual marathon next!


                                           Dancing in the street! These crazy African dancing group grabbed me out of the crowd and made me dance! It was actually a lot of fun!  The foreigner next to me really got in to it!




Driving into the Magic Kingdom!



Before Pirates of the Caribbean and It's A Bug's Life!  Loved It's A Bug's Life!  The very end when the bugs leave, you can feel them crawl across your feet!

Me in front of the castle! My true home!

No comments:

Post a Comment