I started at Turkey Creek
I parked at Fleet Feet, ran in for some gu and then took off! I contemplated running on the sidewalk that follows all of Turkey Creek where everyone can see me when they drive past and decided that would be too much of a distraction for me! (Maybe drivers too!!!) Instead, I started off behind Fleet Feet where the Farragut Greenway is. It's a good little place to run; I had never done it before. For the most part you follow the interstate and run behind of all of the shopping areas like Gander Mt., Best Buy, Belk, etc. Once you are on the other side of the shopping it winds back a little and it's more natural with some wildlife looking areas. (Not sure how much wildlife really lives in Turkey Creek?) The turn around is at McDonald's on Lovell Rd. (I really wanted to run and get some unsweet tea from them!!!!) All in all a pretty good run. Strange to see all the interstate traffic as you run, but flat and straight. If you run the entire thing down and back it totals 4 miles. I ran all 4 of those miles at around 9.45, which for me is really good. I've slacked off a lot on my time, so it was good to see the miles a little shorter than they have been!
I then headed to the West Hills Greenway. I parked at the YMCA.
I took my gu at this point, although usually I like to wait and take it at mile 5. I try to take one at the half way point of my run, but I'm really picky about whether I have access to water after I down one of these little puppies, so after mile 4 it is! I used to run on this greenway all the time when I first started running. It's ride next to Bearden Middle, so after work I could get in a quick little run. Of course, this was when I was working on running a mile or a mile in a half, not ten to thirteen! I started at the YMCA and ran down to West Hills Elementary school, then back past the YMCA to behind St. Andrews neighborhood. They just lengthened and connected the greenway at YMCA to the other greenways that go out past Wal-Mart. So this was a new little adventure for me! I ended up running past the Wal-Mart and all the way to the Walker Springs Park, which is very small, not really a park at all, just a swing set, but whatever! The run was great! I loved running this course. I get a little nervous about running by myself anywhere, but the Neighborhood, but there were quiet a few people out and you do end up running near traffic so you are seen from time to time. The scariest part is when you have to run under the road right past Wal-Mart and in another section. I've seen one too many 48 Hours Mystery and Datelines to not get a little apprehensive when I run in a tunnel! But in true safety first mode, I called Carter and let him know where I was during the run and how much more time I had left. I also always try to make eye contact with as many people as I can when I run by them. I want people to remember seeing me just in case!
All in all, a great day of running! I ran ten today!!!! Yes!!! Now, according to my resolution, I only have to do that one more time this month!
I was quiet pooped at this point, but felt pretty great at the same time! I headed to Starbucks for a little nonfat venti toffee mocha and a perfect oatmeal! Yum! Then to the mall to remind myself why I hate the mall! Strange people and students I teach! I can only go there during a school day or really early on a Saturday! Stupid me!!!! Then home for a nice little nap! It's the little things in life!
Now off to cook a little din din! Pork chops! Cross your fingers! Until then, I will leave you with the official countdown to the Jersey Shore season premiere! Including tonight there are only 4 nights to go!!!!! Slightly ashamed that I love watching these people do whatever it is that they do! But hey! I think Jwoww is pretty impressive and the fact that Pauly D's hair NEVER moves, is pretty awesome in and of itself!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment