So what are my resolutions? They are simple and not earth changing, but they are mine.
1. Run at least 1 mile a day
| Not always with so many layers on and with Ging looking like she's about to get stomped on. |
2. Run at least 10 miles twice a month...this one will be tricky. Some days 3 miles seem like such a feet, so 10...whoo...but I want to put it out there to try. It can't hurt? I did run 10 on December 31st..I kinda feel like that might be a good sign!
3. Spend more time with my girls, at least once a month
| Heather, Jade, Annie, and Me |
4. Run in 8 half marathons
Last year I did 6....I want to do more than that this year. This may be tricky since sometimes I have to find these 8. I'm not going to Disney this year. I figure I can only ask Carter to do that one every other year. A little sad, but I am already looking forward to next year. I will be running one in February (the Strawberry Plains 1/2), another one in February at Whitestone (which is actually 18 miles, not 13.1, so that's going to be a toughy!), a couple in the Spring (Knoxville and Music City), look for some in the summer, and a few in the Fall (Nashville Women's, Nashville's Run for the Party, Cookeville Haunted Half, and Oak Ridge Secret City Half) So even if I can't find any in the summer, that will be 8!
5. Continue to be the best teacher that I can
I never want to be one of those teachers that just settles into what I am doing. I never want to be a teacher that just gets by. I want to be the kind of teacher that is continually growing and changing and improving. I am still so new at what I do...I still have so much to work on and learn!
6. Marry this guy!
Well, if not marry, at least continue to grow and strengthen the relationship that we have! The past few years have been so amazing with Carter. I could not imagine not having be a part of my life. He has helped me become who I am today in so many ways. He is the biggest supporter I have ever had and loves me unconditionally, as I do him! He is truly my best friend. I always joke that if we broke up, he'd be the first person I'd call to talk about my break up! So maybe this year, maybe not. It'll happen when the time is right! (Although no complaints if it is this year!)
7. Continue to know, grow, strengthen, the woman, friend, coach, teacher, girlfriend, person that God wants me to be. I think I get so caught up in everything I do that I forget what I do it all for. God is truly the only reason I am here and I have been allowed the chance to do everything that I am capable of doing.
8. Spend more time with these great peeps!
My mammaw and pappaw!!!!!! I love them so, so, so, much! They are two of the wisest, most loving, most understanding people I know! I hope that when I am their age, I am as loving and kind. To this day, they are each other's best friends and I love to see the love they have for each other and for their family. In the last couple of years, their health hasn't been as good as they would love for it to be. But no matter, they still smile, they still find the good in every day! Love them with all my heart!
So that's all I have for now! I may add to this list, that ten mile twice a week may need to be removed! These are the resolutions for today. They can always change!
I had a great 2010! Who knows what's in store for 2011?!?! Excited to find out!
No comments:
Post a Comment