Wednesday, December 15, 2010

And I'm back! For real this time!

 Life is extremely busy this time of year!  I am very ready for a little break called Winter Break/Christmas Holidays/No work for two weeks! There are reasons beyond those little learners that I teach!  I am quiet blessed to never have had to work during the summer, over fall break, during Christmas holidays, or during Spring Break! Lucky girl right here! Plus, we've had a couple of um..snow days! So, I got those off too!  Which also meant no work, no teaching, no basketball game, no tutoring, no tumbling!  And I can now breathe again!  So what did I do with my days off?  I would like to say that I was very productive and did all kinds of really cool stuff that I don't normally have time for, but no...I did this!


That's right..nothing, except for a bunch of laying around!

And in a moment of cabin fever, I did a little bit of baking!  Now, I have tried my hand at baking fancy cookies with cool icing that really look like snowflakes falling outside....
Not mine...wish they were!

But had never done cupcakes..and right now, call me a trendsetter (or more likely a lowly follow), I am into cupcakes! Love them!  Can eat them all day and think they are the quite tasty!!!!!  I also have a new love of owls...don't ask! I have no clue where it started, but take a visit to my classroom and you will leave hooting!  I decided to make Owl Cupcakes!  Here it goes!
 The ingredients...I am not to the point where I make the cupcakes from scratch..that will be next time.
 The recipe!
 The planned outcome
 Before going in
 Preparing the wings
 All you do is untwist Oreos and cut the part without the cream in half and then the cream side become the eyes

 Out of the oven
 And transformed into an owl!

 Spot the one that belongs to me!
The little owl family all together! My madre saw the one in the middle and said it looked scary!  Thanks mom!  As I told her at least they look like owls! Hey! This was the first time ever!!!! I did get a good job after I pointed that out!

No comments:

Post a Comment